- CURRENT ACE CLASSES: There are two offerings for Adult Christian Education:
- In the Social Room, Pastor Nate will be teaching BYOB (Bring your own Bible), a class on Biblical literacy and usage essentials. This class will run through June 30.
- In the Lounge, Bob Thomson will be facilitating a video series by Dr. Tim and Darcy Kimmel called Extreme Grandparenting. This class will run through July 28.
- WV MISSION TRIP: Registration for Student Ministry's annual West Virginia mission trip to The Storehouse of God is now open on our website! The trip will take place July 14 through 19. The link to register can be found under the Updates tab at beverlyheights.org.
- FAITH NIGHT AT PNC PARK: All MS and HS students are invited to go to Faith Night at PNC Park on Saturday, June 22. We’ll meet at the Castle Shannon “T” station at 2:00 PM. Cost is $20 and space is extremely limited; sign up using the link Bob emailed out. If you didn’t receive an email, contact Amy (email@example.com) for assistance.
TEEN SUMMER BIBLE STUDY WILL RESUME 6/25: On Tuesdays through the summer we will be doing The Gospel-Centered Life for Teens Bible study. We will meet at 6:30 PM for a snack, and then the guys and girls will separate to spend 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM doing the study. Please contact Bob (412-596-6106) if you’ll be joining us for this summer study! Meeting dates: June 25; July 2, 9, 23, 30; and August 6, 13, 20.
- VBS PICNIC: VBS families are invited to join us for a VBS Celebration Picnic on Friday, June 28 from 5:45 to 8:00 PM. Beverly Heights will be serving hot dogs, chips and Kona Ice. Families are asked to bring side dishes and desserts to share.
- SHEPHERD’S SHOUT - BEVERLY HEIGHTS VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL: We hope to see you June 24-28 for VBS! Registration is open on our website.
- POPSICLES IN THE PARK: Families of children birth through preschool are encouraged to take advantage of a Sunday evening fellowship opportunity from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM this summer beginning on June 2. Weather permitting, these families are encouraged to simply come for a playdate & fellowship on the playground. Popsicles will be provided for the children. Questions? See Lisa Tyger.
- PRAYER SHAWL MEETING: Please join us for our monthly prayer shawl ministry meeting this Tuesday, June 18 from 7:00 to 8:30 PM in the A-Level meeting room. Contact Sondra Furedy with any questions - call or text 724-747-2217.
MEN’S CHORALE: On Sunday, July 14, the men of the church are invited to lead the congregation in worship by participating in the Men’s Chorale. Rehearsals will take place on Thursdays June 20, June 27, and July 11 at 6:45 PM. Plan on attending at least two of the rehearsals in order to be prepared to sing. Contact Elissa Winkler if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org). All are welcome!
BEVERLY HEIGHTS READING CHALLENGE: We will be reading through the Book of Psalms and, consistent with past years, we will send an email out to you each week to share insights and comments to supplement your readings. If you haven’t participated before and are interested, please e-mail Art Flickinger at email@example.com and he will see that you get the information. Copies of the reading plan and and this week’s comments are also available on the tables at the top of the stairwells.
- I’M DRAWN TO ART, HOW ABOUT YOU? On the morning of Saturday, July 13, we have the marvelous opportunity to learn about conceptualization from our mission partners with Wycliffe, Michael and Bev Harrar. Michael is a graduate of the Hussian School of Art in Philadelphia and a veteran missionary for 39 years, and he will be teaching us how to communicate the parable of the Good Samaritan to someone of a different culture through art. This is definitely “hands-on” so be prepared to get messy and have some fun!
When: Saturday, July 13; 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Ages: Middle school age to grandparents and all ages in-between
Bring: Any art supplies you have to share—especially acrylic paints, fabric, buttons, anything you think might be useful in our art project
Wear: Comfortable clothes that you can get paint on
Please RSVP: We need to know how many people will be coming and if child care is needed. There will be care for babies and preschoolers and a special program for kindergarteners through fifth graders. Email Jill Whitecap (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up.
- ARE YOU WILLING TO HOST OUR MISSION PARTNERS? The Mission Team is compiling a list of households who would be interested in serving as hosts to our mission partners when they come to town. There are no dates needed right now, but it would be helpful to know of your willingness. Please let Amy Lucas (email@example.com) know if you are interested.
- ARE YOU WAITING ON THE SIDELINES? There are many chances to get off the sidelines and start changing the world by participating in a mission experience here in your own backyard. This summer, students can serve in many ways: VBS, June 24-28; the West Virginia trip, July 14-19; and the New Wilmington Mission Conference (NWMC) July 19-26 where participants can be teens or families, going for one day or the whole camp. For information about West Virginia, talk to Bob Kelley; for VBS, talk to Lisa Wahl; for NWMC, talk to Pat Templin, 412-760-8556. Make your choice to be a “World-Changer” today.
- URBAN IMPACT: Urban Impact runs a Summer Day Camp Program throughout June and July; they are currently seeking meal-providers for the interns and staff members of the camps. The meals would be served for lunch at one of their two sites: ACAC and The Pittsburgh Project. To sign up for a date or for more information, please talk to Nancy Sikes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NOTE WRITING MINISTRY - ADDITIONAL NOTE WRITERS: This team strives to encourage, support and show God’s love to the individuals on the bulletin prayer list by writing to them each week. If you are interested in learning more about this ministry and what is involved, please contact Michelle Balfe (email@example.com or 412-818-1766) or Sherry Brady (SBrady9811@gmail.com or 412-298-0906). Men, women and older teens/young adults are all welcome!
CALLING ALL GARDENERS: Our church garden beds need love and care over the 2019 garden season with weeding and dead heading. So far we have nine garden beds covered. However, we still need eight more gardeners. Please speak to Mary Wolling, or email if you would be willing to take on one or two garden beds for the season. firstname.lastname@example.org