ALL CHURCH POOL PARTY: Beverly Heights Family Ministry invites to you a summer family swim party on Sunday, August 18 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM at the Bower Hill Swim Club (1600 Bower Hill Road). Dinner will be from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM, and the church will provide the main dish. Please bring a side dish or dessert to share. We have the pool reserved for swimming from 7:00 to 10:00 PM. Please come to enjoy fellowship whether you swim or not!
- PRAYER SHAWL MEETING: Knit together by compassion, prayer, and fellowship to wrap the hurting of our extended church family in prayer shawls as reminders of the Lord’s loving arms and care and our prayers and concern. Please join us for our monthly Prayer Shawl Ministry meeting on Tuesday, August 20 from 7:00 to 8:30 PM in the A-Level meeting room. Questions? Call or text Sondra Furedy at 724-747-2217.
- SAVE THE DATE FOR OUR CHURCH PICNIC! Our church picnic will take place at Mt. Lebanon Park on Sunday, September 8 beginning at 4:00 PM. More information to come!
- MINI GOLF OUTING: On Sunday, August 25, meet us at Cool Springs for mini golf! We will gather at 6:30 PM, and parents can pick up at 8:30 PM. Contact Bob if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- SECOND GRADERS AND THEIR PARENTS are invited to join us on Wednesday, August 27 from 6:30 to 7:30 PM for the class that precedes the distribution of Bibles to second grade students. Both parents are encouraged to attend the parent portion of the class. At the same time, we will also meet with the second graders who will be receiving Bibles. If you need childcare for younger children for this class, please contact Lisa Wahl in advance.
- WOMEN’S DESSERT: Beverly Heights Women’s Ministry will be holding a dessert for all women and young women of the church (middle school and high school girls are welcome!). Mark your calendar for Sunday, September 15 at 7:00 PM!
- PART-TIME CHILDCARE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: We are currently seeking a caregiver to partner with Jo Cole on Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays in our Mom’s Day Out Toddler class from 8:45 AM to 12:15 PM. We are happy to have your little one participate in our programming while you work if you are a stay-at-home mom. The program begins Tuesday, September 10. Please email Lisa Tyger to discuss specifics. Lisa@beverlyheights.org
- ASLAN ACADEMY: The C.S. Lewis Institute has a wonderful parenting program called Aslan Academy where parents commit to read and discuss books on parenting from a recommended reading list. We are considering this as an option for parents on Wednesday afternoons as part of our Wednesday Night Heights programming from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM if there is enough interest. If you would like to participate in this study, please email Lisa Tyger (Lisa@beverlyheights.org) by August 30.
MARRIAGE CONFERENCE: The Family Ministry Team is considering several options for married couples to participate in a marriage conference. We’d like to hear from you! If it fits your schedule and your budget, would you and your spouse be interested in this type of opportunity? Please contact Lisa Tyger to indicate your interest. Lisa@beverlyheights.org
NOTE WRITING MINISTRY - ADDITIONAL NOTE WRITERS: This team strives to encourage, support and show God’s love to the individuals on the bulletin prayer list by writing to them each week. If you are interested in learning more about this ministry and what is involved, please contact Michelle Balfe (email@example.com or 412-818-1766) or Sherry Brady (SBrady9811@gmail.com or 412-298-0906). Men, women and older teens/young adults are all welcome!
- INQUIRER’S CLASS: The Inquirer’s Class provides you with an opportunity to inquire about the life and ministry of Beverly Heights in order to determine if you would like to become a member of our congregation. This six-week class will meet during the Christian Education hour from Sunday, September 8 through Sunday, October 20, taking Sunday, September 29 off for our Mission Celebration. During the class, we will discuss the BH congregation’s history, our ministry essentials, our strategic focus and what it means to be a member of the church. Please let Amy Lucas know of your interest (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 412-561-5100.